With the past two editions both hitting #1 in the iTunes Dance Albums Chart, “Anjunadeep 04” mixed by Jaytech and James Grant arrives with the label in ruder health than ever before - as evidenced by a recent DJ Mag nomination for Best British Record Label.
The last 12 months has seen the Above & Beyond imprint unveil one of house music's hottest new talents in Dusky, whose album "Stick By This" has been acclaimed by everyone from DJ Magazine (“an intoxicating album full of live and flashes of brilliance") to Pete Tong - with Tong naming it as one of his favourite albums of the year - while other Anjunadeep artists such as Matt Lange and Andrew Bayer on the label have blossomed. The former being described by Zane Lowe as "progressive club at its finest" and the latter's "It's Artificial" LP winning plaudits from DJ Mag, Zane Lowe again and even Nick Grimshaw.
Showcasing tracks and remixes from acts like Dusky, Tom Middleton, Maceo Plex, Vincenzo and Solarity, “Anjunadeep04” mixed by Jaytech & James Grant is the latest showcase of the label’s evolution; a 28 track journey through deep house, immersive melodic grooves and modern progressive.
Representing the deeper, more house-influenced end of Anjunadeep’s increasingly wide spectrum, label A&R James Grant effortlessly combines warm Maceo Plex'esque electronics, classic deep house vibes (Dusky “Lost Highway”), low-bass grooves (Tom Middleton’s Liquatech Mix of Paronator “No Gravity”) and the melodic house sound in which Anjunadeep has made its name. Grant also contributes three remixes to the mix in collaboration with Andrew Bayer and acknowledges the key role played by Bayer in achieving the desired sound for CD1: "We had an idea of where the label's sound should be heading this year and Andrew really helped me realise that in this mix," says Grant.
Taking time out from finishing his highly anticipated second artist album, Australian Anjunadeep star Jaytech picks up the baton and pursues the more upbeat side of the label’s sound. From the future disco synths of Suspect 44’s “Neon Feel” to the melodic big room tech of Soundprank’s “Boundless Energy”, the Australian lays down a masterclass in modern progressive. Bringing things to an emphatic climax, Jaytech’s own “Atlantic” is the perfect embodiment of the musicality and class sewn into the mix.
Anjunadeep will be hosting two "Anjunadeep04" launch parties - the first at The Gallery, Ministry of Sound, London on Friday 24th February, the second in the foyer at Brixton Academy for Above & Beyond's Easter Weekend show on Sunday 8th April.
Disc One - Mixed By James Grant
1. Dusky - Stick By This
2. Martin Roth - Beautiful Life
3. Vincenzo - Get To Know You
4. Laura Jones - Love In Me (Maceo Plex Remix)
5. Andrew Bayer - You
6. Paronator - No Gravity (Tom Middleton Liquatech Mix)
7. Dusky - Lost Highway
8. Above & Beyond - Prelude (Andrew Bayer & James Grant Remix)
9. Full Tilt - Take Me Away (Andrew Bayer & James Grant Remix)
10. Parker & Hanson - Afterthought (Soundprank's Deep 04 Mix)
11. Stephen J. Kroos - Phobos
12. P8 & Answer42 - Fragments
13. P.O.S. - Gravity (Andrew Bayer & James Grant Remix)
14. Andrew Bayer - Gaff’s Eulogy
Disc Two - Mixed by Jaytech
1. Answer42 - The Lemon Effect
2. Kobana & Yane3dots - Woosh
3. Oliver Smith - Under The Wire
4. Solarity - Primordial
5. Suspect 44 - Neon Feel
6. Jaytech - Synergy
7. Vadim Soloviev - Forma Perpetua
8. Soundprank - Boundless Energy
9. Jaytech - Overdrive (PROFF Remix)
10. Joonas Hahmo - Manor
11. Levente Márton - There's Always A Way Out
12. Kaskade - Sorry (Dirty South Remix)
13. Parker & Hanson - Alquimia (Andrew Bayer Remix)
14. Jaytech - Atlantic